Leave a Legacy of Rainforest Conservation
Gift and Estate Planning
Preserve tropical rainforests and their wildife for generations to come. Make the gift of a lifetime.
Making a planned gift to Coalition for Rainforest Nations ensures that we are able to fight global deforestation for many years to come. By adding CfRN to your will, trust, or other planned giving vehicle, you are protecting our rainforests for future generations.
How It Works
Almost all legacy gifts to CfRN are made through a will or trust. You may decide to leave to CfRN*:
- A specific dollar amount or asset (e.g. marketable securities) OR
- A percentage of your residual estate (what remains after gifts to loved ones and expenses have been paid)
* Important – Please consult your financial advisor, attorney, and/or planned giving specialist first if you are considering a legacy gift to CfRN.
Important Information to make a legacy gift:
Legal name: Coalition for Rainforest Nations Secretariat, Inc.
Address: 52 Vanderbilt Avenue, 12th Floor, New York, NY 10017, USA
Federal tax ID#: 26-3221530
This sample language may be used:
“I give and bequeath to Coalition for Rainforest Nations Secretariat, Inc., Coalition for Rainforest Nations, 52 Vanderbilt Avenue, 12th Floor, New York, NY 10017, USA [the sum of __________ Dollars ($____)] OR [ _______ % of the rest, residue and remainder of my estate], to be used for its general charitable purposes.”
Steps to make a Legacy Gift to CfRN
- Working with your financial advisor, attorney, and/or planned giving specialist, designate your legacy gift to CfRN.
- Inform CfRN of your legacy gift. While not required, letting us know of your legacy gift enables CfRN to confirm your gift now and inform family members when we receive it. We also want to ensure that we utilize your planned gift for the purpose you intend.
To inform CfRN of your gift, please either:
- Contact Aaron Rashba, Development Director (email@example.com or 646-448-6870, ext. 6895). Please provide as much detail as you can about your planned gift (see form below for requested details).
- Complete and submit the legacy gift information form below. Only name and email address are required but we appreciate your providing as much information as you can so we can properly identify, acknowledge, and steward your gift.