In September, CfRN and REDD.plus will launch a new webinar series to raise corporate awareness about the availability of UNFCCC REDD+ forestry carbon credits from rainforest nations.
Formalized into Article 5 of the Paris Agreement, the Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Degradation and the role of conservation, sustainable management of forests and enhancement of forest carbon stocks (REDD+) Mechanism was designed to “slow, halt and reverse forest cover and carbon loss” across an entire country, and now covers over 90% of the world’s tropical forests. It has led to sequential declines in emissions, protected the world’s rainforests over two decades, and is enshrined in the Paris Agreement. As governments step up efforts to strengthen the Paris Agreement at COP26 and tackle the climate emergency, corporate action has never been more critical. From April this year, corporations and investors have been able to purchase UNFCCC-verified, REDD+ carbon credits from the world’s most fragile rainforests to support the net-zero carbon targets.
Date: September 21, 2021, 3:00 PM BST.
Join our webinar and learn how, for the first time, corporations can achieve their net zero-carbon targets, protect tropical rainforests, and directly support the global climate agreement. The webinar will cover:
- Natural-based solutions and how they can help tackle the climate emergency
- The global rainforest conservation mechanism – UNFCCC REDD+ and how effective it has been
- UNFCCC-verified forestry carbon credits, and what makes them high quality carbon credits
- How corporations can purchase UNFCCC REDD+ forestry carbon credits
- Peter Cripps, Editor, Environmental Finance
- Kevin Conrad, Executive Director, Coalition for Rainforest Nations
- Federica Bietta, Managing Director, Coalition for Rainforest Nations
- Peter Boyd, Director, REDD.plus, Lecturer at Yale Center of Environment
To learn more and register: https://www.environmental-finance.com/content/webinars/unfccc-redd-forestry-carbon-credits-a-corporate-buyers-guide.html