Are you a mission-driven, researcher that cares about the climate emergency and saving the world’s tropical rainforests? Do you have a successful track record in research projects and a growing network of universities and research groups across the USA, Europe and globally? Do you have the technical know-how and ability to further develop our research and evaluation capabilities?
…then CfRN could be a great career move for you.
CfRN is a well-established hybrid NGO/IGO that has supported rainforest nations around the world for over 15 years. We are currently in a period of growth, as stakeholders and donors increasingly recognize the importance of saving the rainforests and slowing the climate emergency. We offer policy support, technical training, and in-country capacity building, as well as financial support to countries through the carbon markets.
The research manager will lead the execution of research projects by drafting proposals, selecting methods, collaborating with external partners and consultants, supervising project teams, managing budgets, and presenting findings.
- Take the lead in managing and delivering research projects, from scoping through to methodology and report writing, including managing, and developing partner relationships
- Produce insightful research reports with sophisticated advice to support policy, technical training, and finance for our countries
- Ensure research projects are transparent, accountable, and scientifically sound.
- Manage partners and subcontractors as necessary to achieve project objectives, seeking best value at all time
- Work toward organization’s mission and goals and participate actively and supportively in team decisions.
- Liaison with external research partners including media, consulting firms, and the academy
- Develop and maintain relationships with technical teams, universities, and other research groups
- Conduct presentations, workshops, and data discussions to ensure project success.
- Responsible for the accuracy, thoroughness, quality, and timeliness of projects.
- Ensure hands-on QC throughout the entire project process, including financial management, so that projects/accounts are cost-effective.
- Ability to design studies, write questionnaires and plan/ create insightful and actionable reports.
- Develop, evaluate, recommend, and implement procedures for performance improvement
- Understand the appropriate use of advanced analytics, various sampling approaches and weighting.
- Bachelor’s or Graduate’s Degree in business, economics, finance, computer science, information systems, or information technology or equivalent experience.
- Prior experience in a consulting or academic position.
- Demonstrated experience with s appropriate software and systems.
- Uses creative thinking during decision-making and problem-solving.
- Demonstrated sound work ethic and attention to details.
- Demonstrated experience with math assessment and statistics.
Location & Reporting
New York – with flexibility for working from home and an ability and willingness to travel (safely, of course!)
The salary for this position will be competitive for a commercial role in a non-profit organization. It will have the potential for additional income based on performance. The compensation will be dependent on experience, which will be discussed and vetted throughout the interview process.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Casual work environment
- Open to consider a commission on sales of direct accounts
CfRN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Coalition for Rainforest Nations is a US 501c3 not-for-profit established by forested tropical countries to collaboratively reconcile forest stewardship with economic development. Its assists tropical governments, communities, and peoples to responsibly manage their rainforests. It is the co-architect of the UNFCCC REDD+ mechanism and is headquartered in New York
Send cover letter, resume and salary range to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Research Manager – Application” in the subject line.
Visit our website, https://www.rainforestcoalition.org/