Are you a mission-driven fundraiser who cares about the climate emergency and saving the world’s tropical rainforests? Do you have a successful track record of online fundraising and digital communications? Are you tech-savvy and do you communicate effectively through a variety of media and formats, and have a passion and know-how for grassroots fundraising for tropical rainforest preservation?
…then, the Coalition for Rainforest Nations (CfRN) might be a great career move for you.
CfRN is a well-established hybrid NGO/IGO that has supported rainforest nations worldwide for over 15 years. We are currently in a period of growth, as stakeholders and donors increasingly recognize the importance of rainforests in slowing the climate emergency. We offer policy support, technical training, in-country capacity building, and direct finance tools to rainforest countries.
CfRN is looking for an Annual Giving Manager (AGM) to grow its list of donors and subscribers and manage communications to its list in order to raise funds, educate, and cultivate relationships. We are looking for someone with strong digital skills and who is comfortable and experienced with data and a broad range of technologies and platforms. We seek someone who is highly strategic and committed to continuous improvement.
The successful candidate will have a successful track record in fundraising and communications and a demonstrated passion for CfRN’s mission. We seek someone who can work strategically and independently but stays aligned and collaborative.
Communicate with all current and lapsed CfRN donors and subscribers during the year in order to educate about our work, solicit giving, cultivate and steward relationships
- Create communications calendar and build schedule of multiple campaigns, most importantly at year-end, but also throughout the year to continually stay in touch with CfRN stakeholders through meaningful, moving messaging and connected communications
- Create, produce, manage, and track all emails to donors and subscribers
- Create, produce, manage, and track a limited number of print communications
- Work closely with CfRN’s Communications team on content creation, editing and strategy
- Work closely with Development and Executive team on messaging, tactics and strategy
- Report regularly to the CfRN team on the effectiveness of campaigns
- Build strategies to continuously improve on campaigns through small changes and big plans/themes, keeping with CfRN’s broader organizational vision
Manage outreach to prospective CfRN donors and subscribers
- Develop strategies to build CfRN’s donor and subscriber list, including but not limited to Google Adwords Campaign
- Manage CfRN’s Google Adwords Campaign, working to improve existing content, outreach, targeting and results
- Recommend other tools and tactics that would grow CfRN’s audience base
- Synthesize reports from Salesforce, Mailchimp, Google Analytics, and other sources on how CfRN is doing across a variety of fundraising and communication platforms and metrics
- Summarize this information and report regularly to the Development Director and others on the Executive team on how CfRN is doing
Fundraising (as part of the Development team)
- Work closely with the Development Director to identify potential major donors for cultivation and solicitation
- Work closely with the Operations Manager to acknowledge all donors quickly and personally when appropriate and to support best practices in gift entry and tracking in order to maximize utility of reports in Salesforce and other platforms
- Work closely with the Communications team on most effective messaging to drive fundraising, engagement, education, donor outreach, and other organizational goals
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3+ years’ work experience in fundraising and communications, preferably in a nonprofit setting
- Experience and deep understanding of nonprofit organizations, preferably within the environment/conservation space
- Strong commitment to CfRN’s mission of ending and reversing global deforestation
- Demonstrated experience and success with digital communications for fundraising and/or list building
- Exceptional strategic communication skills and an ability to convey messages in multiple ways across multiple channels
- Commitment to accuracy, fairness, and integrity above all else
- Highly tech-savvy. Experience with Salesforce and best practices in using CRMs is a major plus. Experience with Mailchimp and best practices in email marketing and marketing automation is also a big plus.
- Ideal candidate will also have experience using online fundraising platforms like QGiv and website content tools like WordPress
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and digital advertising
- Highly organized and able to manage time and resources wisely
- Strong writing skills
- Collaborate with many stakeholders within a small organization in order to produce content and make recommendations that best serve CfRN’s fundraising and communications goals as well as its broader mission
- Commitment to testing different messaging and different strategies to maximize results
Candidate is ideally located in the New York City metro area and able to commute to CfRN’s office in midtown Manhattan. The candidate is expected to work primarily from CfRN’s New York office with some time working from home.
The salary range between $65,000k-$80,000k for this position will be competitive for a commercial role in a non-profit organization. It will have the potential for additional income based on performance. The compensation will be dependent on experience, which will be discussed and vetted throughout the interview process.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Casual work environment
CfRN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Coalition for Rainforest Nations is a US 501c3 nonprofit established by forested tropical countries to collaboratively reconcile forest stewardship with economic development. It assists tropical governments, communities, and peoples to responsibly manage their rainforests. It is the co-architect of the UNFCCC REDD+ mechanism and is headquartered in New York.
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Annual Giving Manager Application” in the subject line.
Please visit our website: https://www.rainforestcoalition.org/